Discover the Capital’s Premier Courses. London, a bustling metropolis in England known for its rich history and vibrant culture, might not be the first place that comes to mind when you think of golfing destinations. However, hidden amidst the city’s urban landscape and just beyond its borders, lie some of the finest golf courses in the country.
For avid golfers visiting or residing in London, playing on green fee offers a fantastic opportunity to tee off on premier courses without the commitment of a membership. In this article, we’ll explore ten remarkable golf courses in and around London, along with their green fee price ranges, so you can indulge in a memorable golfing experience within the city and its surrounding areas.
Amazing green fee experiences in London
Below we have listed ten amazing courses to experience on green fee in and around London.
Wentworth Club – West Course
- Green Fee Range: £100 to £250
- Situated in the heart of Surrey, the Wentworth Club is home to the prestigious West Course. A host of the BMW PGA Championship, this exclusive club offers a challenging layout and a glimpse into golfing history. Green fees may vary based on the season and day of play.
Sunningdale Golf Club – Old Course
- Green Fee Range: £150 to £300
- Just a short drive from London, Sunningdale Golf Club‘s Old Course is a masterpiece of heathland golf. With its beautiful heather-lined fairways and strategic bunkers, the course offers a memorable experience. Prices might be higher during peak times, so planning ahead is advisable.
The Grove Golf Course
- Green Fee Range: £80 to £200
- Nestled in Hertfordshire, The Grove is a stunning golf resort that has hosted prestigious events like the WGC-American Express Championship. The course offers an enjoyable challenge for golfers of all levels. Prices can vary depending on the day of the week and time of year.
Royal Wimbledon Golf Club
- Green Fee Range: £80 to £150
- Founded in 1865, the Royal Wimbledon Golf Club boasts a classic parkland course with tree-lined fairways and beautiful scenery. Green fees are generally more affordable during weekdays and offseason periods.
The Addington Golf Club
- Green Fee Range: £60 to £120
- Located on the outskirts of London in Surrey, The Addington is a hidden gem amongst heathland courses. This course designed by J.F. Abercromby offers a unique and challenging golfing experience. Green fees are often more budget-friendly during the weekdays.
Walton Heath Golf Club – Old Course
- Green Fee Range: £100 to £200
- Walton Heath‘s Old Course is a true test of golfing skills, with its heather-clad terrain and fast, undulating greens. Green fees may vary based on the time of year and day of play.
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa & Hotel – Colt Course
- Green Fee Range: £80 to £180
- A luxurious retreat just outside London, Stoke Park offers an exceptional golfing experience on the Colt Course. Frequent host of the PGA Championship, this course promises a memorable round. Prices can fluctuate based on the season and demand.
The Berkshire Golf Club – Red Course
- Green Fee Range: £80 to £160
- The Berkshire Golf Club is a classic English heathland course with a timeless design. The Red Course is highly regarded among golfers, and green fees are generally more reasonable during weekdays.
Woburn Golf Club – Marquess’ Course
- Green Fee Range: £80 to £180
- Woburn Golf Club‘s Marquess’ Course is one of three stunning layouts at this esteemed club. Known for hosting the British Masters, the course offers a memorable experience. Green fees may vary based on the time of year and day of play.
Queenwood Golf Club
- Green Fee Range: Invite-Only
- Queenwood Golf Club is an exclusive and private members-only club with no published green fees. However, occasional invitations for guests might be extended through existing members.
Green Fee Golf in London – A Fantastic Experience!
Playing golf on green fee in and around London provides a fantastic opportunity to experience some of the finest courses without the commitment of a membership. From the historic fairways of Wentworth and Sunningdale to the tranquil retreats of The Grove and Stoke Park, London’s golfing scene has something to offer every avid golfer. Green fee prices can vary based on the season, day of play, and course exclusivity, so it’s advisable to plan your visit accordingly. Whether you’re a resident or visiting the capital city, make the most of your time in London by embracing its golfing charm and enjoying an unforgettable golfing journey across these premier courses. Happy golfing!
(Note: The green fee ranges mentioned are based on estimates at the time of writing. Prices may change over time, and it’s essential to check with the respective golf clubs for the most up-to-date rates before planning your golfing trip.)
Read other guides to green fee golf experiences in England, the UK. Choose a region or city to explore more…
City guides: London – Nottingham
Or explore green fee golf guides for other European countries: UK – Ireland – England – Scotland – Sweden – Denmark – Finland – Norway – Iceland – Germany – Netherlands – Belgium – France – Spain – Portugal